Tuesday 22 March 2011

Laura Mercier Creme Cheek Colour Brush - Review & Photo

Among all things beauty I like, I have a slight obsession for make-up brushes. 

This review is for one of the first make-up brushes I ever bought, a few years ago during a short trip to London. I got the Laura Mercier Creme Cheek Colour Brush as a gift. As you can see from the picture, the label has come off a bit, which also shows how much I have used and loved this brush!
 I got this as part of a set which included the Creme Cheek Colour Blush and the famous Tinted Moisturizer in Porcelain. I loved the blusher and finished it all up, so that's why I don't have it here to show you.

This brush was meant to be the ideal tool to apply the Laura Mercier cream blush, but over time I realized that it's a great multi-purpose brush. Its sheer size (short handle) makes it really convenient for travel too. Some people find short-handled make-up brushes annoying, but I don't, I guess it's because my hands are pretty small anyway.
This is absolutely brilliant with every kind of creamy products!!! I use it to apply liquid/cream foundation when I want to be precise (the bristles measure a bit more than 2cm, which is definitely less than a regular flat foundation brush like the MAC 190); cream blusher of course, and occasionally cream highlighter on the cheekbone. You really can't go wrong with this

It NEVER sheds, it is firm enough but the bristles feel very soft against the skin, and apart from the label, it still feels and looks like new after more than 2 years of use! 

Laura Mercier makes excellent brushes in general, which are quite expensive but totally worth purchasing. 

Give this a try! It has become a staple in my make-up kit.

No comments:

Post a Comment