Tuesday 22 March 2011

Mac Lip Pencil in Subculture - Review, Photo, Swatches

Mac Lip Pencil in Subculture is a great pick if you, like me, are new to lip pencils. I've had this one for quite some time now, I got it at one of London's airports when I bought my first MAC lipstick, and the SA matched me to this colour for a naturally defined lip.

It comes in the classic MAC sleek black packaging and the price was in line with the other MAC products, although I got it for less (I think around £10) at the duty-free shop. This is how it looks like:

The colour is a pretty rosey brown with a slight peachy undertone that looks great on fair to light-medium complexions and lips with average natural pigmentation. You won't be able to see this if you're darker than NC/NW25, I guess. It's basically the same colour of my lips, so it works great to give that tiny little bit of definition that makes a difference, even if I'm only wearing lipbalm. Texture is creamy, but not excessively moist, so the staying power is really good. 
Here comes the swatch:


Here I'm suggesting 3 possible ways to wear Subculture for an everyday look:


1) Line your lips with Subculture, smudge the line towards the inside of the lip, then follow with lipbalm or clear lipgloss for a no-makeup look.

2) Line and fill in your lips with Subculture, which will give a light hint of colour and apply lipbalm or clear lipgloss over it. It will look like the most natural nude lipstick ever!

3) The slightly more polished version of this is achieved by wearing Subculture all over the lips as a base for a neutral lipstick. It will definitely help the lipstick stay on longer and it will make the colour look saturate. This is a great solution when you're sporting an intense smokey eye.


As a general rule, layering an appropriate amount of a matching lipliner will help your lipstick last longer and prevent it from bleeding and fading!

No comments:

Post a Comment