Monday 11 April 2011

April Mini Haul + Swatches

So today I have a few new products to share with you that I'm totally excited about!!


I got two new MAC powder blushes in the mail, they were a great bargain on eBay, I think they were €13 each! I had to wait almost one month to receive them because they shipped from the UK with standard airmail, but hey, that's a small price to pay for these lovely babies!!

Also, I stopped by KIKO this morning and finally gave in and purchased one of the Colour Sphere Eyeshadows that I had been eyeing for a while. Yesterday I watched a great tutorial that featured MAC Pigment in Gold Mode which looked lovely. Sadly, it was LE so I thought that it would be cool to find a dupe somewhere. So, earlier this morning I randomly swatched this baked shadow in the shop and it seems to be a close dupe for Gold Mode (please correct me if I'm wrong)!!! Talk about killing two birds with one stone. The Colour Sphere Eyeshadows are €5,90 each.



Pix:
Left to right, clockwise: KIKO Colour Sphere n.3, MAC Margin, MAC Mineralize Dainty
Left to right: Kiko n. 3, MAC Margin, MAC Dainty
MAC Margin is part of the permanent collection. It's a frosty bronze colour with hints of pink and brown. I'm sure it would suit most complexions and I can really see this working for an everyday sunkissed glow. It's also very pigmented and you get 6 grams of product, which takes forever to hit pan on. 

I'm already in love with MAC Mineralize Blush in Dainty! It has everything I was looking for in a coral blush for spring: it's a pinkish coral with a soft velvety finish and and almost invisible golden sheen to it. It's quite sheer, in fact I had to swatch it several times to get the colour you can see in the picture below, which means that it can be layered for a bold pop of colour or just applied with a light sweep for those who shy away from statement cheeks. 


KIKO Colour Sphere Eyeshadow n.3 is a gorgeous, gorgeous soft warm gold that is not too yellow not too green, but rather leans towards rosy tones. In the picture below I swatched it dry and wet. When you keep it dry it really shows a lot of glitter, which might lead to heavy fallout (will update when I review it), so probably the best use for it would be wet, and as you can see the colour comes out much more vibrant and opaque.
Left to right: Margin, Dainty, Colour Sphere n.3 dry and wet
Margin and Dainty
Colour Sphere n.3 dry and wet



I can't wait to try these!! I will probably post a review in a few weeks because I really want to give them an appropriate amount of testing time.


Have you tried these products yet? Leave a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment