Friday 29 April 2011

April Photo Shoot #2

This is the second job I've done this month with my friend Rob, who was in charge of taking the pictures. He is a pretty damn good photographer! You can check out more of his works here

Model: Viola
On a technical level, the make-up was a bit of a challenge given the fiery colours of this red-headed beauty. 


I wanted to keep face make-up at a minimum to let the natural pigmentation given by the freckles glow on its own. Therefore I used a camera-friendly primer (MUFE HD Primer n.5) and MAC Face&Body Foundation in N1, which turned out perfect thanks to its sheerness and "real skin" finish. 


Then I added a touch of Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess Soft Matte Bronzer to lightly contour her face and give a subtle sunkissed glow, and dabbed the tiniest bit of MAC Cream Colour Base in Luna along her cheekbones. At that point her face make-up really looked like it didn't need any more colour, so I skipped the blush, which I usually never do! The powder I used is E.L.F. HD Powder. 





I thought it would be fun to create a contrasting pop of colour on her eyes. After priming her eyelids with Too Faced Shadow Insurance and applying a white base (Topshop Khol), I chose Boots N.7 Stay Perfect Eyeshadow in Peacock as a main lid colour. To give it more dimension, I added Urban Decay Half Baked on the centre of the lid and used MAC Steamy as a transition shade. The eyeshadow was completed with a frosty cream shade from the NYX Caribbean Palette in I Dream of St. John on the browbone. 

I tightlined her waterline with MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack, added Estee Lauder Sumptuous Extreme Mascara and Ardell Accent False Lashes n. 308 for a flirty edge.  
Here's a detail of the eyes:



On the eyebrows: Urban Decay Buck and KIKO Brow Designer to keep them in place. Her lips only needed a bit of definition and glossiness, which I achieved with MAC Lip Liner in Subculture and Bourjois 3D Effect Lip Gloss n.42 layered over it. 



I hope you enjoyed it. I must admit it wasn't the easiest job ever, so I would be really happy to hear your opinions on this make-up and I'm definitely open to criticism! 

There will also be more photo shoot posts to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment