Tuesday 10 May 2011

E.L.F. Hits and Misses

Today we're featuring a post on two E.L.F. products I have tested. One was a hit and the other one was a miss! Keep reading!

The HIT: E.L.F. EYEBROW KIT IN ASH


Seriously, this product is HG material for me, and for €4!
I don't have serious brow issues, mine are pretty full and decently defined, so I only need some filling and grooming. I've been trying several eyebrow pencils (read about it here) with varying results, and I like how they really help to get an ultra-full and defined brow, but they are often too reddish or too dark to suit my cool-toned medium blonde hairs, MAC Fling being an exception. So I heard of this product and decided to give it a try.
I bought this in Ash, which came out to be the perfect shade for my blonde eyebrows! Swatch in natural sunlight: 



The gel on the left is not too dark nor too light, has the perfect consistency and I love to apply it with and angled brow brush, although the mini applicator included is ok when I travel. You really can't tell the difference between my hairs and the gel when applied. The powder on the right helps setting everything and creating a natural overall shade. 
What is really interesting is that I also used this product to draw eyebrows on my grandma, who used to overpluck them and now is left with NO brows at all. This gel created a natural curved brow with an outstanding result.
The packaging is great. I love the black case and the fact they included a small mirror. It has good staying power: you can manage to get through an 8-hour workday with fabulously natural eyebrows.
Buy it!



THE MISS: E.L.F. STUDIO CREAM EYELINER IN MIDNIGHT BLUE
 
This was a HUGE disappointment!
The product is extremely dry, has poor pigmentation, it's impossible to apply it decently with ANY brush, and above all, the colour is hideous! I was expecting an intense midnight blue and I got a dull, muted black-ish crap. No trace of blue shades whatsoever!! I wrote to customer service to complain and they asked me to send a picture of the swatch. When I took the photo, the colour in the picture actually came out blue. But in reality, it wasn't. Trust me, I gave this 3 or 4 tries before realizing that it was just plain crap. The lady at the customer service didn't help me out and that also put me off quite a bit. I literally threw this out, which I never do unless a product is really horrible or my skin reacts badly to it. This is why I don't have direct swatches to show you!
Seriously, do yourself a favour and shed your €16 for MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack, you WON'T regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment