Thursday 19 May 2011

Violetta in Black & White - May Photo Shoot #2

Model: Violetta

TAKE ONE: BLACK

This is the second photoshoot I did with photographer Luca Cadamuro. You can check out more of his works here! The shooting was split in two parts. In the first one, Violetta rocked a sexy black dress and I did her make-up following this look. 


After applying a base, I evened out her skin with a blend of MAC Face&Body in C3 and C5 and concealed her dark circles with KIKO Natural Concealer n. 03. 



For the eyes, I wanted to achieve a really full-on black smokey eye, so after priming I layered MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre to give our eyeshadow a good base to stick to. I applied a generous amount of a cream black shadow (KIKO Long Lasting Stick Eyeshadow n. 20) on her upper and lower lids, and used a fluffy brush to even it out and blend it upwards towards the browbone and outwards to get an elongated shape. For extra staying power, I layered some matte black shadow over it. I created the gradient by blending MAC Copperplate around the edges of the black eyeshadow, and then applied MAC Blanc Type on the browbone, and blended it into the grey colour. Then lined with MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack and applied mascara. 

But what really enhanced the whole look and gave her eyes a true diva effect were false lashes. I chose a pair with considerable length and thick volume - Paramount Lashes n. 335. These lashes were bought in NYC Alcone Store by a dear friend of mine and are widely used by professionals in the industry. You can buy them online from Alcone




Violetta has a beautiful bone structure, so I only added some soft contouring to complement her cat eyes. Highlighter: Sue Moxley Shimmer Brick (Light) - Bronzer: Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess - Blush: NYX Powder Blush in Raisin.

On her lips, I wanted to keep it super natural, so I lined and filled them in with MAC Cremestick Liner in Sublime Culture and applied a nude lipgloss on top (NYX Lipgloss Palette 04 - The Nudes Matte). 


 TAKE TWO: WHITE
On the second part of the shooting, we changed the make-up and the outfit and shifted towards a more romantic feel. White was predominant.


On the eyes, I layered a creamy white base (NYX Jumbo Eyepencil) to make the powder eyeshadow I would put on later pop. I added depth to the crease by mixing two brown eyeshadow, a chocolate and a dark brown one, and also smudged them along the lower lashline. Then I applied a good amount of MAC Blanc Type all over the lids and browbone and in the inner corners of the eyes. I wanted to make her eyes really stand out and look bigger, so I applied Topshop white Kohl along her lower lashline. Eyeliner was MAC Blacktrack as usual, sealed with NYX Black eyeshadow on top for added staying power.  
For this look I chose a different pair of false lashes, namely Paramount n.314. These were thicker, more spiky and longer towards the outer corners than the ones I used for the black make-up, so they worked perfectly for giving that flirty yet elegant look.


I chose to complement her neutral romantic eyes with a girly pink lipstick and matching cheeks. Therefore I used NYX Powder Blush in Pinky and MAC Lipstick in Speed Dial over NYX Lip Pencil in Rose. 





Which of the two looks would you choose to wear? Tell me in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment