Tuesday 7 June 2011

EOTD: smokey burgundy

A while ago I saw a picture of Kristen Stewart on some beauty blog where she was wearing a beautiful smokey eye with a touch of burgundy that really made her green eyes pop. She wears burgundy eyeshadow quite a lot, but usually it's on her lids with black in the crease and all along the waterline, the classic way.

In this picture I saw, on the other hand, she had a matte black on her lids and the burgundy shade was used to diffuse the smokiness from the crease up towards the browbone. Which gave her an even more sultry look! I was amazed and tried to recreate that with sad results.

This was a while ago, today I felt inspired to try again, and this is what came out:



Products used:
MAC Soft Ochre Paint PotEstee Lauder Double Wearl Liner in Onyx (upper and lower waterline)
KIKO Eyeshadow Stick 20 (matte black on lid)
KIKO Eyeshadow 121 (pearl burgundy in crease, probably dupe for MAC Cranberry)
Clinique High Impact Mascara
Stars Makeup Haven e/s in The White Shadow (browbone)
   This for me is a true smokey eye, where the darkest shade (usually black) is applied closer to the lashline and blended out into the lighter colours. LOVE!

1 comment:

  1. As I have already said, I love this smokey eyes!!!! They just look gorgeous :D
    Thanks for visiting my blog, and I'm really liking yours, now I'm following it. Cheers!!!!

    ReplyDelete