Friday 10 June 2011

NARS Habanera: EOTD, Review, Photo, Swatches

NARS Habanera e/s duo is amazing! Maybe a tiny little bit too glittery/shimmery for my liking, I have to take extra care when applying to avoid fallout. But it brings out ANY eye colour, believe me, not just blue eyes.  It comes in a nice sleek black packaging (NARS signature) with a mirror. Overall, the packaging is great, very sturdy and practical. Inside you have two shimmery eyeshadows: a light blue/mint with a silvery sheen and a deep aubergine colour. The latter is also rather glittery, as i mentioned.  
  They are super pigmented, soft and buttery and I would say the best feature of this duo is the blendability. They literally melt into each other with just a few brush swipes.  
  The price is in line with NARS products, therefore expensive. I purchased it at Selfridges for £23.50 for a self-treat! I'd love to try more of this duos but I don't see that happening in the near future since NARS is not available in Italy at the moment, and having it shipped would come out quite expensive.  This is my preferred way of wearing Habanera (by the way, don't you just love the name?)   




Product breakdown
Too Faced Shadow Insurance
NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk
NARS e/s duo in Habanera
MAC e/s Blanc Type (browbone)
Clinique High Impact Mascara
Avon Supershock gel liner
MAC Brows in Fling (brows)
Ardell lashes 110


2 comments:

  1. You look so beautiful with this shadow on! i wish i can make it work like you did :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. stumbled across your post after I was 'encouraged' to purchase this eyeshadow duo and then wondered.."now what".
    I've come to adore it but your photos have me curious as to a step by step how you achieved your look- the bottom lash shading is gorgeous

    ReplyDelete